- Where are you currently working? All over the place at the moment! I’ve been working in the tourism industry – with Roaring 40’s Kayaking and Tas Walking Co, and also with Tasmanian schools on Outdoor Education programs and with World Challenge on overseas schools expeditions.
- What do you love most about your job? The variety. The outdoors. Great people.
- When did you complete your training? I completed the Certificate IV Outdoor Recreation in October 2014.
- What did you value about your training at TasTAFE? It was such an intensive course in outdoor leadership with so many amazing trips in the outdoors whilst refining our hard skills. The level of peer learning in the course was also exceptional.
- How has your training helped you with your Guiding career? The phone hasn’t stopped ringing since finishing the Certificate IV. It has really helped to broaden my workload and introduce a bit more variety.
- What is your most memorable moment you have experienced on a trip? 40 knot winds and soaking silver-grey rain so heavy that the sky was indistinguishable from the sea on my first trip as an expedition sea kayak guide in the Southwest Tasmanian World Heritage Wilderness Area.
- If you could invite anyone on a trip, who would it be? David Attenborough
- If you could give one piece of advice for someone contemplating a career in the outdoors, what would it be? Being in the outdoors is so much more rewarding than indoors. Learn to love being outside.
RTO Code: 60142